Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Sunday, 09 January
711. Literature before the Social Sciences
8:30–9:45 a.m., Diamond Salon 7, J. W. Marriott
Program arranged by the MLA Committee on the Literatures of People of Color in the United States and Canada
Presiding: Ifeoma C. K. Nwankwo, Vanderbilt Univ.
1. “Social Instrumentality and the Discordance of Chicana/o Literature,” Rafael M. Pérez-Torres, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
2. “Race from the Social Sciences,” Chandan Reddy, Univ. of Washington, Seattle
3. “Representations of Racialized Femininity: Embodying Interplay and Interdisciplinarity,” Caroline A. Streeter, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
4. “The Spoken and Silent Word: Preserving Ancient Epistemology,” Halifu Osumare, Univ. of California, Davis
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.