Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Friday, 30 December
715. Children’s Literature and Modernism
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., McKinley, Marriott
Program arranged by the Children’s Literature Association
Presiding: Karin E. Westman, Kansas State Univ.
1. “Global Consciousness in Children’s Literature, 1890–1950,” Melba Cuddy-Keane, Univ. of Toronto
2. “The Politics of Make-Believe: Gertrude Stein’s The World Is Round,” Pamela L. Kroll, Scarsdale High School, NY
3. “Gertrude, Eeyore, and Julia Kristeva: Children, Language, and Modernism,” Deborah Thacker, Univ. of Gloucestershire
4. “Beelzebabble: Finnegans Wake and Nonsense for Children,” Jennifer Shelton, Texas Tech Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.