Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Friday, 30 December
716. Kafka and the Body Politic II: Individual Texts
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Conservatory, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Kafka Society of America
Presiding: Henry S. Sussman, State Univ. of New York, Buffalo
1. “Lost between Power and Desire: Franz Kafka’s Der Verschollene,” Esther Kirsten Bauer, Univ. of Wisconsin, Stevens Point
2. “Polis, Solitude, and Solidarity: Soundings of Kafka in Weiss and Canetti,” Olaf Berwald, Univ. of Tennessee, Knoxville
3. “Topographical Assemblages and Reconfigurations: The Politics of Space in Kafka’s The Trial,” Lucian Ghita, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
4. “Freedom of Speech: The Space of the Mouth in the Kafka Corpus,” Michael G. Levine, New York Univ.
Respondent: Iris Bruce, McMaster Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.