Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Thursday, 30 December
718. Taking Liberties with the Pre-Raphaelites
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Grand Ballroom Salon I, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the William Morris Society
Presiding: Margaret Diane Stetz, Univ. of Delaware, Newark
1. “Fashioning Loose Women: The Uncorseted Pre-Raphaelite Body,” Mary Ann Tobin, Duquesne Univ.
2. “Pre-Raphaelite Spiritualism and Suicide in HD’s ‘White Rose and the Red,’” Alison Halsall, York Univ., Keele
3. “His Carpets Flowered: William Morris and Lorine Niedecker,” Elizabeth Willis, Wesleyan Univ.
4. “How They Met (and Made) Themselves: Caricature and the Pre-Raphaelites,” Thad Logan, Rice Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.