Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Thursday, 30 December
723. Kafka and Music: Musical Pieces Inspired by Kafka
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Regency Ballroom C2, Loews
Program arranged by the Kafka Society of America
Presiding: Judith L. Ryan, Harvard Univ.
1. “Finding the Right Key for Kafka’s Castle: André LaPorte’s Opera Das Schloss,” Ruth V. Gross, North Carolina State Univ.
2. “Paradoxical Barriers and Morphing Forms: György Kurtág’s ‘Kafka-Fragments,’ Op. 24,” Martha Hyde, State Univ. of New York, Buffalo
3. “Recomposing Kafka: Ernst Krenek’s ‘Sechs Motetten nach Worten von Franz Kafka,’” Francien Markx, Ball State Univ.
4. “Breaking Boundaries: Pozzi Escot’s Chamber Music Inspired by ‘The Metamorphosis,’” David Fulmer, New England Conservatory
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.