Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Thursday, 30 December
726. Australia: Past and Present
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 308, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the American Association of Australian Literary Studies
Presiding: R. Mark Klemens, Pittsford, NY
1. “Contemporary Nationalist Revisions of Australian History in the Works of David Malouf, Thomas Keneally, and Peter Carey,” Nathanael D. O’Reilly, Western Michigan Univ.
2. “Jack Maggs: Peter Carey’s Call to Stop Writing Back,” Sue Ryan-Fazilleau, Université de La Rochelle
3. “The English Past in the Australian Present: The Trauma of Convictism in Peter Carey’s Jack Maggs,” Elizabeth H. Ho, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
4. “Anthony Trollope’s Australian Hobbledehoy: The Topsy-Turvy World of John Caldigate,” Mark David King, Louisiana State Univ., Baton Rouge
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.