Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Sunday, 09 January
729. Representations of Dante’s Inferno in the Visual Arts
10:15–11:30 a.m., 301B, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Giovanni Spani, Coll. of the Holy Cross
1. “The Point of Reading: The Word Made Flesh in the Annunciation and Inferno 5,” Martin G. Eisner, Duke Univ.
2. “Harrowing Hell: Entrapping the Devil and Escaping Hell’s Gates in Dante, Spenser, Milton, Nineteenth-Century American Fiction, and Hollywood,” James Carson Nohrnberg, Univ. of Virginia
3. “Representations of Representations: Early Modern Printed Infernos,” Erika Mary Boeckeler, Northwestern Univ.
4. “Illustrations from a Few Early Illuminated Manuscripts of the Divine Comedy,” Enrico Minardi, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.