Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Wednesday, 27 December
73. From Sympathy to Romanticism
8:45–10:00 p.m., 310, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Presiding: John Joseph Vespa, Univ. of Nebraska, Lincoln
1. “Wordsworth’s Ruined Cottage and the Mechanism of Poetry,” John Joseph Vespa
2. “Moral Sentiment and Romantic Imagination: Distance in Percy Bysshe Shelley and Adam Smith,” Sabine H. Seiler, Univ. at Albany, State Univ. of New York
3. “Sympathy and Letitia Elizabeth Landon’s Melancholy Love Poetry,” Theresa Adams, Westminster Coll.
4. “Hazlitt and the Sense of Character: ‘Qualities Display Themselves by the Most Contradictory Appearances,’” Jonathan Farina, New York Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.