Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Tuesday, 30 December
736. Linguistics and Literature: Marriage of Like Minds or Shotgun Wedding?
8:30–9:45 a.m., Pacific Suite F, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Linguistic Approaches to Literature
Presiding: Claiborne Rice, Univ. of Louisiana, Lafayette
1. “Codfish in Don Quixote; or, What’s a Nice Basque like You Doing in a Novel like This?” Anthony J. Cárdenas-Rotunno, Univ. of New Mexico, Albuquerque
2. “A Gentleman’s Goloss: Register Change, Performance, and Entitlement to Irony in A Clockwork Orange,” Liberty Kohn, Univ. of Louisiana, Lafayette
3. “Fictionalizing the Reader and Ethnolinguistic Studies of Membership Analysis in Conversation,” Mark Wekander, Univ. of Puerto Rico
4. “An Uneasy Marriage: Grammar and Rhetoric in Literary Interpretation,” Phillip Sipiora, Univ. of South Florida
For copies of abstracts, visit www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~cxr1086/coglit/.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.