Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Sunday, 30 December
738. What Is “Popular”? Minor Politics and the Protest Narrative
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Wright, Hyatt Regency
A special session
Presiding: Mrinalini Chakravorty, Univ. of Virginia
1. “On the Unpopular: Arab Women’s Writing in a Time of Terror,” Mrinalini Chakravorty
2. “History’s Minor Others: The Popular, the Low, and The God of Small Things,” Leila Neti, Occidental Coll.
3. “How Does the Popular Age? Jazz and Postwar Literature,” Bruce E. Barnhart, Univ. of North Carolina, Greensboro
4. “Popular Narratives, Unpopular Heroine: Elizabeth Keckley’s Slave Narrative and the Old Clothes Scandal,” Janet Neary, Univ. of California, Irvine
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.