Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Thursday, 30 December
739. The Emersons’ Parlor and Mrs. Thoreau’s Dinner Table: Transcendental Conversations II
1:45–3:00 p.m., 406, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Thoreau Society
Presiding: Phyllis B. Cole, Penn State Univ., Delaware County Campus
1. “Walden and Orestes Brownson’s New Views,” Lance B. Newman, California State Univ., San Marcos
2. “Faith in the Boardinghouse: New Views of Thoreau Family Religion,” Robert Gross, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
3. “Myths of Memory: Elizabeth Peabody Visits, and Recollects, the Emersons,” Bruce A. Ronda, Colorado State Univ.
4. “‘An Egyptian Skull at Our Banquet’: Hawthorne, Emerson, and the Idealist Convivium,” Price Gaines McMurray, Texas Wesleyan Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.