Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Tuesday, 30 December
740. Theorizing Early American Literature
8:30–9:45 a.m., Franciscan C, Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on American Literature to 1800
Presiding: Martin C. Brückner, Univ. of Delaware, Newark
1. “Early American Literary Studies in Social Science Fields,” Andrew Newman, Stony Brook Univ., State Univ. of New York
2. “What’s Habermas Got to Do with It? or, Early American Literary Historiography outside the Public Sphere,” Jonathan Beecher Field, Clemson Univ.
3. “Transfiguring Cultural Landscapes: Urban Geography and Memory in Early American Literature,” Betsy Klimasmith, Univ. of Massachusetts, Boston
4. “Appropriations: How Twentieth-Century Scholars Make Early American Women Their Own,” Marion Leeson Rust, Univ. of Kentucky
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.