Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Sunday, 30 December
746. The Immigrant Experience in Australian Literature and Film
1:45–3:00 p.m., Acapulco, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the American Association of Australian Literary Studies
Presiding: Nicholas Birns, New School
1. “From Jindabyne to Jindabyne: Immigrant and Indigenous Specters,” Erica Hateley, Monash Univ.
2. “Ouyang Yu: Writing between Alienation and Assimilation,” R. Mark Klemens, Honeoye Falls, NY
3. “Aussies Bad, Immigrants Good; or, Hollywood Genres Distracting: Strictly Ballroom and Romper Stomper,” Theodore F. Sheckels, Randolph-Macon Coll.
4. “‘Tsibeles, Pretzels, Blondinnies, and Read-Heads’: The Trials and Terrors of Assimilation in Serge Liberman’s Short Fiction,’” Susan Jacobowitz, Queensborough Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.