Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Thursday, 30 December
752. Political Theater, Mimesis, and the Limits of Empathy
1:45–3:00 p.m., Adams, Loews
Program arranged by the G. E. Lessing Society
Presiding: Sara Paulson Eigen, Vanderbilt Univ.
1. “‘Misericordiae mit anderen Unterthanen’: Empathy and the Art of the Compliment in the Political Theater of Christian Weise,” Daniel M. Gross, Univ. of Iowa
2. “Tragedy and the Limits of Sentiment,” Vivasvan Soni, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
3. “Winkelmann’s Impact on Methodologies of Acting at the Mannheim National Theater,” Daniel John Kramer, Coll. of the Holy Cross
4. “Lessing’s Mitleidsdramaturgie: Empathy or Affect?” Thomas Martinec, Univ. of Oxford, Lincoln Coll.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.