Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Sunday, 27 December
76. (Auto)Biography and Disability
7:00–8:15 p.m., Grand Ballroom Salon I, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Disability Studies
Presiding: Susannah B. Mintz, Skidmore Coll.
1. “Losing Face: Lucy Grealy, Ann Patchett, and a Literary Afterlife,” Ann R. Keefer, Temple Univ., Philadelphia
Fifteen minutes, plan for 8-9 page paper
2. “‘A Chronic Narrative with a Behavior Problem’: Race and Disability in Sekou Sundiata’s Blessing the Boats,” Nisha Kunte, Univ. of Southern California
3. “Disenabling Fame: Rock ’n’ Recovery Autobiographies and Disability Narrative,” Oliver M. B. Lovesey, Univ. of British Columbia, Okanagan
4. “Disputed Authority: Conflicting Knowledge Claims around Psychiatric Disabilities,” Michelle Jarman, Univ. of Wyoming
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.