Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Friday, 30 December
761. Conrad and His Descendants in World Literature
1:45–3:00 p.m., Thomas Paine, Marriott
Program arranged by the Joseph Conrad Society of America
Presiding: David W. Tutein, Northeastern Univ.
1. “‘I See Now’: Marlow, Nick, and the Demystified Heroes of Elegiac Romance,” Kenneth A. Bruffee, Brooklyn Coll., City Univ. of New York
2. “Rhys Reading Conrad: After Leaving Mr. Mackenzie and Good Morning, Midnight after Almayer’s Folly and The Secret Agent,” Carol A. Dell’Amico, Pasadena, CA
3. “Sinister Resonances: Conrad, Gordimer, and Bush,” Maureen D. Fielding, Penn State Univ., Delaware County
4. “Language, Authority, and Power in Conrad’s Nostromo and Naipaul’s The Mimic Men,” Jochem Riesthuis, Univ. of Chicago
5. “The Caribbean Connection: Joseph Conrad, Caryl Phillips, and Edwidge Danticat,” David W. Tutein
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.