Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Saturday, 30 December
761. Literature and Film: From Page to Screen II
1:45–3:00 p.m., Grand Ballroom Salon L, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the College Language Association
Presiding: Elizabeth Brown-Guillory, Univ. of Houston
1. “From Words to Action: Turning Tess Onwueme’s Reign of Waszobia into Film,” Juluette F. Bartlett-Pack, Univ. of Phoenix
2. “Rituals and Celebrations in Tess Onwueme’s Plays,” Romanus O. Muoneke, Univ. of Saint Thomas
3. “Spaces of Change in A Raisin in the Sun: Variations in Lorraine Hansberry’s Play, Screenplay, and Unfilmed Original Screenplay,” DeLinda Marzette, Prairie View A&M Univ.
4. “Layered Spaces: Performing Activism and Staging Freedom in Alice Childress’s Trouble in Mind,” Elizabeth Brown-Guillory
For copies of abstracts, visit http://clascholars.org.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.