Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Thursday, 30 December
762. Race, Caste, and Class in South Asian Literatures
1:45–3:00 p.m., Washington B, Loews
Program arranged by the South Asian Literary Association
Presiding: Anushiya Sivanarayanan, Southern Illinois Univ., Edwardsville
1. “Race and Class: Reflections on Chitra Divakaruni’s Short Fiction and Poetry,” Bruce G. Johnson, Univ. of Rhode Island
2. “Gopinath Mohanty’s Paraja: An Intertext on ‘Tribal Problem,’” Amiya Bhushan Sharma, Indira Gandhi Natl. Open Univ.
3. “The Unspeakable Limits of Caste: A Reading of Bhabani Bhattacharya’s So Many Hungers and He Who Rides a Tiger,” Rajender Kaur, Ridgefield, CT
4. “The Bhil Woman’s Plums: Dalit Counter-Offerings in ‘Times of Siege,’” Cynthia Ann Leenerts, George Washington Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.