Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Thursday, 30 December
764. Conrad in the Twenty-First Century
1:45–3:00 p.m., 410, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Joseph Conrad Society of America
Presiding: Andrea White, California State Univ., Dominguez Hills
1. “Terror, Terrorism, and Horror in Heart of Darkness,” Frances Singh, Hostos Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
2. “Homeland Insecurity: Joseph Conrad’s The Secret Agent,” Cristina M. Mathews, Bloomsburg Univ.
3. “‘The Ends of the Earth’: Globalization and Its Discontents in Conrad’s Heart of Darkness,” John D. McIntyre, Trent Univ.
4. “The Voice of Comedy in Joseph Conrad and Primo Levi,” Debra Romanick Baldwin, Univ. of Dallas
5. “Of Trifles and Trade: Conrad and Globalization,” Deborah L. Shapple, Univ. of Pennsylvania
6. “‘Whirr’ Is King: International Capital and the Paradox of Consciousness in Typhoon,” Nels Christian Pearson, Tennessee State Univ.
Respondent: Carola M. Kaplan, California State Polytechnic Univ., Pomona
For copies of abstracts, visit www.engl.unt.edu/~jgpeters/Conrad/conferences.html.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.