Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Sunday, 09 January
778. Poetic Visions and Revisions
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Atrium III, J. W. Marriott
Program arranged by the Association for the Study of American Indian Literatures
Presiding: Kathleen G. Washburn, Univ. of New Mexico, Albuquerque
1. “Vision Written in Gasoline: M. L. Smoker’s ‘The Necessary Bullet,’” Merrill Cole, Western Illinois Univ.
2. “‘Carriers of Our Stories and Histories’: Diane Glancy’s Poetic-Performative Praxis,” Jaye T. Darby, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
3. “Contemporary Maya Literature and the Question of Modernity: Pablo Garcia’s Bixonik tzij kech jukulaj kaminaqib: Xibalba as Allegory of Decolonization,” Emilio Del Valle-Escalante, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
4. “‘Carried in the Arms of Standing Waves’: The Transpacific Poetics of Nora Marks Dauenhauer,” Billy J. Stratton, Bowling Green State Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.