Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Tuesday, 27 December
79. Reperiodizing the American Nineteenth Century
8:45–10:00 p.m., Park Tower Suite 8219, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Nineteenth-Century American Literature
Presiding: Eric William Lott, Univ. of Virginia
1. “1819: Aesthetic Superfluity and the Panic,” Edward C. Cahill, Fordham Univ., Bronx
2. “1838: The Wilkes Exploring Expedition and the Pacific Frontier in American History,” John R. Eperjesi, Carnegie Mellon Univ.
3. “1852; or, Around ‘The Half-Decade of 1850–55,’” Charlene Avallone, Kailua, HI
4. “1889: Retromodernism and American Fiction,” Wendy Olivia Graham, Vassar Coll.
5. “1909: Traumas of Value and Black Reconstruction in Douglass and DuBois,” Christina L. Zwarg, Haverford Coll.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.