Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Sunday, 27 December
80. “The Death of the Heart”? Emotion, Affect, and Postwar Literature
7:00–8:15 p.m., 202-A, Pennsylvania Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century English Literature
Presiding: Joseph Allen Boone, Univ. of Southern California
1. “Telling It to Strangers: Anger, Evasion, and Form in Postwar Feminist Fiction,” Kate Flint, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
2. “Capturing Emptiness: Virginia Woolf and Elizabeth Bowen’s Postwar Fiction,” Patricia Laurence, City Coll., City Univ. of New York
3. “Birth of the Heart: Intermodernism and the Postwar Novel of Tears,” Kristin B. Bluemel, Monmouth Univ.
4. “The Stranger Spark: The Condensation of Affect,” Marilyn Reizbaum, Bowdoin Coll.
For abstracts, write to email@example.com after 15 Dec.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.