Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Tuesday, 28 December
81. Philadelphia Fire: Philadelphia in African American Thought and Expression
8:30–9:45 a.m., 306, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Black American Literature and Culture
Presiding: Amritjit Singh, Rhode Island Coll.
1. “Jessie Fauset’s Philadelphia: Site of Desire and Dissatisfaction in The Chinaberry Tree and Plum Bun,” Rita Bernice Dandridge, Norfolk State Univ.
2. “Sonia Sanchez: The Critical Reception of a Philadelphia Poet,” Joyce Ann Joyce, Temple Univ.
3. “Dislocating Africa in Philadelphia: The Liminality of Afrocentrism and Cultural Hybridity,” Margo Crawford, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
4. “Du Bois, the Talented Tenth, and The Philadelphia Negro,” Pradyumna S. Chauhan, Arcadia Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.