Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Tuesday, 28 December
86. Postethnicity and Critical Race Theory: Transnational Perspectives on the Americas
8:30–9:45 a.m., Congress A, Loews
A special session
Session leader: Leslie Bary, Univ. of Louisiana, Lafayette
1. “Beyond the Race Track: Creolization in the Haitian Contest,” Kathleen M. Balutansky, Saint Michael’s Coll. of Vermont
2. “The Deconstruction of Race, Set to Music,” Patricia Denice Fox, Univ. of Missouri, Columbia
3. “Accidental Asians and Typical Americans: Postethnic Strategies in the Novels of Gish Jen,” Eugenio Matibag, Iowa State Univ.
4. “Cultural Heterogeneity, Sociohistorical Specificities,” Leslie Bary
For summaries, abstracts, and contact information for participants, write to Leslie Bary by 15 Dec. 2004 or visit www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~lxb1801/MLA2004/.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.