Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Thursday, 27 December
87. The Humanities at Work in the World
7:00–8:45 p.m., Sheraton V, Sheraton Chicago
The Presidential Forum
Presiding: Michael Holquist, Yale Univ.
1. “The Humanities as an Export Commodity,” Peter Brooks, Yale Univ.
2. “Deep Memory and National History Textbooks,” James V. Wertsch, Washington Univ.
3. “Stepping Out: On Making the Loathly Lady,” Wendy Steiner, Univ. of Pennsylvania
4. “The Humanities in the Twenty-First Century,” Richard J. Franke, Chicago Humanities Festival
5. “Good to Think With,” Marjorie Garber, Harvard Univ.
For coordinated workshops, see meetings 168 and 189.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.