Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Saturday, 27 December
99. Public Intellectuals and South Asian Literature
7:00–8:15 p.m., Pacific Suite F, Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on South Asian Languages and Literatures
Presiding: Lopamudra B. Basu, Univ. of Wisconsin, Stout
1. “Writers as Teachers in Nepal’s Struggle for Democracy and Social Justice,” Pramod K. Mishra, Augustana Coll., IL
2. “Arundhati Roy, Globalization, and Empire,” John Sumanth Muthyala, Univ. of Southern Maine, Portland
3. “The Commentator and the Collaborator,” Amitava Kumar, Vassar Coll.
4. “Fictions of Activism: Reclaiming Land Rights in the Life and Writings of Mahasweta Devi,” Lopamudra B. Basu
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.