Saturday, 30 December
696. From the Marvelous to the Measured: The Italian 600–700
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Washington A, Loews
Program arranged by the American Association for Italian Studies
Presiding: Rebecca M. Messbarger, Washington Univ.
1. “From Prometheus to Alter-Christus to Man: Tommaso Campanella’s Self-Definition in His Poesie filosofiche,” Sherry L. Roush, Penn State Univ., University Park
2. “Campanella as a Hermeneutic Thinker,” Peter Carravetta, Queens Coll., City Univ. of New York
3. “The Early Commedia dell’Arte Female Performers; or, The Marvels of the Carnivalesque in Subverting Gender Roles,” Domnica Radulescu, Washington and Lee Univ.
4. “Tarantulas, Porcelains, Paintings, and Poems: Marvels in Crescimbeni’s Classicist Arcadia,” Paola Giuli, Saint Joseph’s Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|