515. Religious, Spiritual, Theological Approaches to Dante
Monday, 11 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Huron, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the American Association for Italian Studies
Presiding: Vittorio Montemaggi, Univ. of Notre Dame
1. "Unholy Appetites: Sacramental Theology and Power at the Base of Dante's Hell," Christiana Purdy Moudarres, Yale Univ.
2. "'Si' come nave pinta da buon vento': The Theology of Friendship from 'Guido i' vorrei' to the Commedia," Elizabeth A. Coggeshall, Stanford Univ.
3. "Purgatorio 30.39 and Dante's Canzone 'Io sento si' d'amor la gran possanza': Palinode or Peregrinatio?" Laurence E. Hooper, Wesleyan Univ.
4. "Interior Language of Caritas in Dante's Paradiso," Maria Clara Iglesias Rondina, Yale Univ.
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|