120. Italian Representations of Blackness
Friday, 9 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Michigan B, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the American Association for Italian Studies
Presiding: Charles L. Leavitt, Univ. of Reading
1. "'Tammurriata Nera': Racial Hierarchies in Curzio Malaparte's La pelle," Franco Baldasso, New York Univ.
Franco Baldasso's Annotation:
2. "Metaphors of Mixing: Miscegenation and Catachresis in Ennio Flaiano's Tempo di uccidere," Melissa Coburn, Virginia Polytechnic Inst. and State Univ.
3. "Narrating African Migrants in Northern Italy," Sabina Perrino, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
4. "Black Mediterranean: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea," Sandra Ponzanesi, Utrecht Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|