Saturday, 29 December
403. Expatriate Australian Writers
8:30–9:45 a.m., Addams, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the American Association of Australian Literary Studies
Presiding: Robert J. Zeller, Southeast Missouri State Univ.
1. “Vance and Nettie Palmer in Europe,” Carole Ferrier, Univ. of Queensland
2. “Expatriation as Escape from the Cultural Desert in David Malouf’s Johnno and A. L. McCann’s Subtopia,” Nathanael D. O’Reilly, Western Michigan Univ.
3. “Out of Down Under: The Australian Expatriate Novel,” Richard Scott Carr, Univ. of Alaska, Fairbanks
4. “Shifting Borders: Janette Turner Hospital and the Postcolonial Cringe,” Paul Plisiewicz, Univ. of South Carolina, Columbia
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|