Tuesday, 29 December
429. New Directions in Contemporary Australian Literature
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Independence Salon I, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the American Association of Australian Literary Studies
Presiding: Nathanael O’Reilly, Univ. of Texas, Tyler
1. “Pam Brown’s Difference: How Language Operates in Australia,” Phillip Mead, Univ. of Western Australia
2. “Postcolonial Impressions in Jonathan Bennett’s Verandah People,” Peter Mathews, Centenary Coll.
3. “Tim Winton’s The Turning: Linking Stories to Locate an Australian Identity,” Esther Prokopienko, Coll. of Saint Rose
4. “Paradigm Shift in Contemporary Australian Fiction,” Samantha Young, Deakin Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|