387. Italian Cinema: Death or Rebirth?
Monday, 4 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., 209, Hynes
Program arranged by the American Association of Teachers of Italian
Presiding: Ryan Calabretta-Sajder, Middlebury Coll.
Ryan Calabretta-Sajder's Annotation:
1. "Masculinity and Madness: Cross-Disciplinary Perspectives on Contemporary Italian Cinema," Colleen Marie Ryan-Scheutz, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
2. "Violence as Entertainment: Sorrentino and Tornatore in Dialogue with Tarantino and Meirelles," Claudia Consolati, Univ. of Pennsylvania
3. "Unfinished Business: Screening the Italian Mafia in the New Millennium," Dana E. Renga, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
4. "Nouvelle Vague and Intimism in a Meeting of Fiction and Reality in the Cinema of Mimmo Calopresti," Elisabetta Sanino D'Amanda, Rochester Inst. of Tech.
For profiles and abstracts, visit rcalabretta.blogs.rice.edu/aati-at-the-mla-italian-cinema-death-or-rebirth/.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|