Friday, 29 December
510. Folklore and Dramatic Literature
3:30–4:45 p.m., 404, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the American Folklore Society
Presiding: Christie L. Fox, Utah State Univ.
1. “Irish Folklore, Japanese Noh, and W. B. Yeats’s ‘Noble’ Irish Theater,” Carrie J. Preston, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
2. “Tunneling through the Bedrock of Memory: John Henry on Stage in Theodore Browne’s Natural Man,” Jonathan D. Shandell, Yale Univ.
3. “Witches, Spirits, Spells, and Seduction: The Uses of Appalachian Folklore in Dark of the Moon and The Love Talker,” Laura Grace Pattillo, Saint Joseph’s Univ.
4. “Performance and Identity at Work in Contemporary Irish Folklore,” Christie L. Fox
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|