Thursday, 30 December
741. Margaret Atwood and the Craft of Narrativity
1:45–3:00 p.m., 302, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Margaret Atwood Society
Presiding: Lynda Hall, Univ. of Calgary
1. “The Blind Assassin: Negotiating the Canadian Postmodern,” Sally Ann Jacobsen, Northern Kentucky Univ.
2. “Historical Notes, Epilogues, and Afterwords: Issues of Ending in The Handmaid’s Tale,” Earl G. Ingersoll, State Univ. of New York, Coll. at Brockport
3. “Critic as Storyteller: Margaret Atwood’s Use of Narrative in Survival and Second Words,” Theodore F. Sheckels, Randolph-Macon Coll.
4. “Narrating Alterity in Margaret Atwood’s Surfacing,” Radmila Nastic, Belgrade
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|