Saturday, 27 December
28. “Forgive Us Earth, for We Have Sinned”? Environmentalism and Religion
3:30–4:45 p.m., Union Square 22, Hilton
Program arranged by the Association for the Study of Literature and the Environment
Presiding: Sarah E. McFarland, Northwestern State Univ. of Louisiana
1. “Does This Place, This Earth, Really Matter?” Ken Hiltner, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
2. “Apocalypse Now (and Then): The Roots of Environmental Rhetoric,” Rory Wallace, Emily Carr Univ. of Art and Design
3. “Uniting for a Common Goal: The Interfaith Solution to Earth’s Environmental Crisis,” Jessica Galant, Stanford Univ.
4. “Emergent Ecologies: Ecocriticism and the Emergent Church,” Shawn Grant, Florida State Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|