Saturday, 27 December
24. The Door and Other Atwoodian Spaces
3:30–4:45 p.m., Union Square 4, Hilton
Program arranged by the Margaret Atwood Society
Presiding: Tomoko Kuribayashi, Univ. of Wisconsin, Stevens Point; Deborah Rosenthal, Massasoit Community Coll., MA
1. “Spaces of Retreat: Temporary Respites in Atwood’s Threatening World,” Theodore F. Sheckels, Randolph-Macon Coll.
2. “Doors and Other Spaces in Atwood,” Earl G. Ingersoll, State Univ. of New York, Coll. at Brockport
3. “‘Born with Mortality’s Hook in Us’: Atwood’s The Door on the Thresholds of Life,” Lynda Hall, Univ. of Calgary
4. “Dark Stories: Poet-Audience Relations and the Journey Underground in The Door,” Paul Huebener, McMaster Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|