Tuesday, 28 December
241. Food in Children’s Literature
3:30–4:45 p.m., 401–403, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Children’s Literature Association
Presiding: Scott Thomas Pollard, Christopher Newport Univ.; Kara K. Keeling, Christopher Newport Univ.
1. “Recipes for Reciprocity and Repression: Food and the Feminine of Children’s Literature,” Holly V. Blackford, Rutgers Univ., Camden
2. “Nancy Drew and the ‘F’ Word,” Leona M. Fisher, Georgetown Univ.
3. “Delicious Supplements: Cookbooks as Additives to Children’s Texts,” Jan Christopher Susina, Illinois State Univ.; Jodie Slothower, Normal, IL
4. “Sugar or Spice? An Example of Food and Gender Identity from Brazilian Children’s Literature,” Richard M. Vernon, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|