Thursday, 29 December
419. Considering Shepard Krech’s The Ecological Indian
10:15–11:30 a.m., Monroe East, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Association for the Study of Literature and the Environment
Presiding: Barbara Cook, Mount Aloysius Coll.
1. “Romantics, Iconoclasts, and the Space Between: Native American Writers Read the Land,” Lee F. Schweninger, Univ. of North Carolina, Wilmington
2. “Considering the Ecological and Ecocritical Indian,” Robert Eric Walls, Univ. of South Carolina, Columbia
3. “Almost Green: Krech’s Quasi-ecological Indian and Postmodern Narrativists with and on Mixed Reservations,” William Earl Slaymaker, Wayne State Coll.
4. “Reality or Imagination? Krech and Native Land-Use Practices,” Barbara Cook
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|