Thursday, 06 January
54. A Century of The Secret Garden
1:45–3:00 p.m., Diamond Salon 6, J. W. Marriott
Program arranged by the Children’s Literature Association
Presiding: Joe Sutliff Sanders, Kansas State Univ.
1. “The Psychology of Belonging: Ownership and Liberty in The Secret Garden,” Chamutal Noimann, Borough of Manhattan Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
2. “Burnett, Brontë, and Britain,” June S. Cummins, San Diego State Univ.
3. “‘Tha’ Mun Talk a Bit o’ Yorkshire’: Region and Dialect in The Secret Garden,” Katharine Slater, Univ. of California, San Diego
4. “Cripp(l)ing Colin: Disability in The Secret Garden,” Martha Stoddard Holmes, California State Univ., San Marcos
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|