106. No(Bodies): Ghost Children in Juvenile Literature
Tuesday, 5 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., 305, WSCC
Program arranged by the Children's Literature Association
Presiding: Elizabeth Talafuse, Texas A&M Univ., College Station
1. "Invisible Playmates; or, Childhood Ghosts and Adult Comfort in Burnett, Canton, and Kipling," Judith Abrams Plotz, George Washington Univ.
2. "My Other Me: Ghost Doubles in Nineteenth-Century American Children's Poetry," Angela Franceska Sorby, Marquette Univ.
3. "Children of Air: Children's Poetry and the Spectral Child," Richard McDonnell Flynn, Georgia Southern Univ.
4. "Embodied in Name Alone: Nobody Owens and the Metonymic Estrangement from the Living and the Dead in Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book," Joseph Michael Sommers, Central Michigan Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|