269. Deliver Us to Normal: Children's Literature and the Midwest
Sunday, 10 January, 10:15–11:30 a.m., Los Angeles–Miami, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the Children's Literature Association
Presiding: Katharine Slater, Pacific Lutheran Univ.
1. "The American Urban Jungle: Tarzan of the Apes and Chicago," Michelle Ann Abate, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
2. "Coming of Age in a Divided City: Navigating Chicago Cultures in Sandra Cisneros's Poetic Bildungsroman and Veronica Roth's Dystopian Fiction," Suzanne Hopcroft, Yale Univ.
3. "When Myth Becomes Truth: Adolescent Identity in Depression-Era Kansas," Jill Coste, San Diego State Univ.
4. "Environmental Conservation and Racial Purity in the Fiction of Gene Stratton-Porter," Sarah Clere, The Citadel
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|