551. Lady of the Lakes: Harriet Martineau and the New Age of Reason
Tuesday, 7 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., 614, WSCC
Program arranged by the College English Association
Presiding: Karen Lentz Madison, Univ. of Arkansas, Fayetteville
1. "The Hour and the Woman: Martineau’s Haiti," Robert D. Madison, Univ. of Arkansas, Fayetteville
2. "Harriet Martineau and Nineteenth-Century America's Hasty Enterprise," Andrew Kopec, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
3. "Deerbrook's Dissent: Harriet Martineau's Nonconforming Portrayal of Non-Anglicans," Michael Sobiech, Western Kentucky Univ.
4. "Mapping 'Wordsworthshire': Martineau and the Literary Geography of the Lakes," Christopher Donaldson, Stanford Univ.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|