Wednesday, 30 December
682. Recasting Minor Characters: Beat Women
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 310, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the College English Association
Presiding: Mary Paniccia Carden, Edinboro Univ. of Pennsylvania
1. “Diane di Prima and the Beat Fairy Tale,” Nancy McCampbell Grace, Coll. of Wooster
2. “Diane di Prima’s Anarchist Heritage and Revolutionary Letters 1971–2007: Global Radical Chic,” Ronna Catherine Johnson, Tufts Univ.
3. “Intertextual Identity in Joyce Johnson’s Minor Characters,” Mary Paniccia Carden
4. “Mid-Century Bohemia Redefined: Portraits by Beat Women,” Jennie Skerl, West Chester Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|