176. Christianity and the Literature of the Global South
Tuesday, 6 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Redwood, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Conference on Christianity and Literature
Presiding: Mary-Anne Lee Vetterling, Regis Coll., MA
1. "Maternal Matrix: Hope on the Far Side of Adversity," Diane Dixon, Grove City Coll.
2. "The Virgin of Guadalupe: A Miracle at the Service of the Spanish Empire," Mina García Soormally, Elon Univ.
3. "Contentions in the House of Chloe: Global North versus Global South in Toni Morrison's Tar Baby and Paradise," Walter Hesford, Univ. of Idaho
4. "Not Rivals, God and I: Purple Hibiscus and the Paradoxes of Postcolonial Faith," Cynthia Wallace, Loyola Univ., Chicago
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|