Thursday, 06 January
56. Writing Programs, Hard Times, and Effective Actions
1:45–3:00 p.m., 410, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Council of Writing Program Administrators
Presiding: Linda Adler-Kassner, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
1. “A Call for a Twenty-First-Century Federal Writers’ Project,” Deborah Mutnick, Long Island Univ., Brooklyn
2. “Learning How to Survive Hard Times: Lessons from the NEH Grants for Writing, 1973–87,” Anne Geller, Saint John’s Univ., NY
3. “Resistance Is Not Futile: Recession Proofing (and Coping) for WPAs,” Randall McClure, Georgia Southern Univ.
4. “On Our Own Time: Composition Deliberates the Apocalypse,” Paul L. Lynch, Saint Louis Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|