Thursday, 30 December
688. Fifty Years after A Fable
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 410, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the William Faulkner Society
Presiding: Joseph R. Urgo, Univ. of Mississippi
1. “Politics and Art: Faulkner’s A Fable,” Keen Butterworth, Univ. of South Carolina
2. “A Fable of the Cold War,” David A. Davis, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
3. “Faulkner’s Unread Labor Novel: Displaced Class War and the Heroic Worker in A Fable,” Caroline Miles, Thomas Univ.
4. “Fifty Years after A Fable,” Noel Earl Polk, Univ. of Southern Mississippi
5. “Christ and Tracer Fire / Allegory and Attitude: A Speculative Reading of A Fable,” Theresa M. Towner, Univ. of Texas, Dallas
Respondent: Joseph R. Urgo
For copies of papers, visit www.english.ufl.edu/faulkner/.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|