Friday, 30 December
765. Faulkner and the Global South
1:45–3:00 p.m., Marriott Balcony B, Marriott
Program arranged by the William Faulkner Society
Presiding: Catherine Gunther Kodat, Hamilton Coll.
1. “From Revolutionary through Cold War: The Russian Outlanders of Faulkner’s South,” Randy S. Boyagoda, Univ. of Notre Dame
2. “Faulkner and Three Women of the Hispanic Caribbean,” Jerry Wayne Carlson, City Coll., City Univ. of New York
3. “Combating Anti-Americanism during the Cold War: Faulkner, the State Department, and Latin America,” Deborah Cohn, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
4. “Literature, the Market, and the Sanctuary Imperative: Toward an Alternative Genealogy of the Narrative of Faulkner in Latin America,” Sarah Ann Wells, Univ. of California, Berkeley
Respondent: John T. Matthews, Boston Univ.
For copies of abstracts or papers, visit www.english.ufl.edu/faulkner.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|