568. Emotion, Embodiment, and Reading in Poe and Dickinson
Sunday, 11 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Addison, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the Emily Dickinson International Society and the Poe Studies Association
Presiding: Eliza Richards, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. "Mechanical Form and Embodied Metrics in Dickinson and Poe," Gillian Osborne, Univ. of California, Berkeley
2. "Dickinson, Poe, and the Embodiment of Pain," Stephen Rachman, Michigan State Univ.
3. "Enchantment and Rereading in Barrett Browning, Poe, and Dickinson," Julia Hansen, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
4. "Poe, Dickinson, and Solitude's Queer Spaces," Ben Bascom, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
For abstracts, visit www.emilydickinsoninternationalsociety.org/node/13.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|