Friday, 29 December
471. Faulkner: Reading under Representation
1:45–3:00 p.m., Grand Ballroom Salon L, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the William Faulkner Society
Presiding: John T. Matthews, Boston Univ.
1. “Performing ‘The South’ in the Canadian Imaginary: Shreve McCannon, Marshall McLuhan, and the Southern Pastoral,” Jade Ferguson, Cornell Univ.
2. “Absence as a Formal Equivalent of Psychic Trauma in Requiem for a Nun,” Dorothy R. Stringer, James Madison Univ.
3. “Absalom, Absalom! and Light in August: History, Fiction, and Politics of Traumatic Form,” Greg Forter, Univ. of South Carolina, Columbia
4. “Faulkner’s Literary Historiography: Color, Photography, and the Accessible Past,” Peter Green Lurie, Univ. of Richmond
For copies of papers, visit www.olemiss.edu/depts/english/faulkner after 26 Dec.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|