Thursday, 28 December
253. Feminisms and Religion: Challenges in the Classroom
3:30–4:45 p.m., Congress A, Loews
Program arranged by Feministas Unidas
Presiding: Lisa Vollendorf, California State Univ., Long Beach
1. “Teaching Spanish Women Writers and Feminist Theory at a Religiously Affiliated University,” Valerie Hegstrom, Brigham Young Univ., UT
2. “A Postmodern Approach to Negotiating Religion in the Classroom,” Cynthia Margarita Tompkins, Arizona State Univ., Tempe
3. “Retablos de la frontera: Trauma, territorios y geografías espirituales,” Magdalena M. Maiz-Peña, Davidson Coll.
4. “Pat Mora’s The House of Houses: An Exploration of Women’s Wisdom,” Dawn Slack, Kutztown Univ. of Pennsylvania
For copies of abstracts, visit www.asu.edu/languages/femunida/f06/index.htm after 30 Nov.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|